Saturday, August 30, 2008

First Grade Dinner

Michael got to put in a request for what HE wanted for dinner on his first day of First Grade! TACOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasnt that bad...actually turned out pretty good (I made a different way then normal - which has always been the El Paso Taco Kits LOL)

I bought a BIG thing of taco seasoning...so I would just have it incase the want for tacos arised all I would need to do was to buy tortillas *which is hardly ever since we keep them in the house* Sour cream and cheese.

So I browned the meat, added seasoning per the directions *plus a tad bit more*
Then a friend made some for us at work one day and she mixed in refried beans to her taco meat - what a neat concept (well they do it at Taco Bell dont they?)

So then I added a can of Bush's fat free refried beans to the seasoned meat.

let it cook, and put it in tortillas, with Sour cream and cheese *we dont require tons of things on our tacos LOL*

He loved it this way!

I mean he loves them anyway but this way he ate TW0!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kids love tacos!