Sunday, June 20, 2010

Arroz con Pollo



**Sorry I have not posted anything for a while I found out I was pregnant 4 months ago and I have been dealing with not being able to eat much and altered taste and have not cooked much but I think as the next 5 months pass on I will be cooking up a lot :)**


About 7 years ago I found this YUMMY recipe for Arroz con Pollo which I am making tonight for dinner :) Hope you like as much as me :)



What you will need:
2Tbs olive oil (as much as needed)
1 - .5 lbs chicken parts (I used thighs and drum sticks)
1 small onion chopped (I used yellow for this dish)
4 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp papirka
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 can crushed tomatoes
1-2 bay leaves
2 cups rice
2 1/4 cups water
1/2 cup beer (which I left out this time I wasnt sure if it would be ok or not - considering I have a bun in the oven haha I wanted to be safe)
1 can of peas and carrots (if you want - it wasnt on the recipe but I wanted to add it)


salt and pepper chicken.


In a deep pot heat oil on med high heat - saute chicken until golden brown on all sides.



Take chicken out and let oil drain out.
meanwhile dump oil out of pot leaving about 1 tbs in pan.

Turn heat down to medium heat and saute onion and garlic until soft about 5 min or so...


Return chicken to pot with the onion and garlic add cumin, paprika, chili powder, and turmeric...stir to distribute the spices on the chicken.


Cook for about 1 minute, add tomatoes and beer (if using) and bay leaves. stir and cook for 2 minutes...

Add rice and water and bring to boil..also this is where I added the can of peas and carrots...




cook until rice is done and liquid id absorbed about 25-30 minutes :)





No comments: