Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cream of Chicken Soup...not just for soup?

I have always heard that people cook with these soups. I have never done it before last night and I must say it was pretty good! Also a plus is that it was low in calories, something I am aiming for in every meal!

What you need (I only cooked for 2 people so this is based on that)
1 can cream of chicken soup (I am thinking you can also use cream of mushroom soup)
chicken breast

THAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing more unless you are going to do side dishes. Then you will need those things too.

What I did was poured the soup in a skillet *the back of the soup can says 1 serving is 100 calories - that is including 1/2 cup whole milk* I used water and it was just fine (that made the calories lower so that was a plus)
I let the soup simmer a bit and added the chicken breast, I added salt, season all, and some other spices to my chicken and let simmer until the chicken was done.
You will want to make sure the heat is on a low heat so that the soup doesn't cook out.

For me, the soup turned into a gravy like concoction.

Once that was done I added 4oz peice of chicken, on 1 cup of instant white rice, and 1 cup of steamed broccoli



Again this was a Michael approved meal and he ate all if it *except for 2 bites* but that is fine :)

2 comments:

foodbin said...

healthy food

ShellyH said...

I love using those cream of ___ soups on our poultry dishes, its a lot of fun experimenting with it. I did one a few days ago but added a few other things to it.