Monday, January 4, 2010

Chicken Piccata!



I love this dish - I have made it before - thanks to Dream dinners...but this time was on my own. I had the dish at The Cheesecake Factory while out with a girlfriend of mine. I love this stuff and vowed to myself to make it. It seemed that it would be hard to make and a lot of ingredients I may or may not ever use again - and not to mention EXPENSIVE!
But after searching the great INTERNET I found a super easy and FAST recipe!
Easy and fast...and CHEAP! I know what you are thinking "how can THAT turn into something great?"
Your right, I thought the same thing as well. But I tried it and it was greatness! I added a bit more lemon juice and capers because I love those 2 flavors mixed together.

"okay so where is the recipe!?" Okay, Okay I get it too much gabbing get down to the nitty gritty right? Okay so here we go...

What will you need? (depending on what you have in your house you MAY or may not have these things, I know I didnt have Olive Oil, it is always a lot of money and I never hardly make anything with it, but I should, so I went out and purchased my FIRST bottle of EVOO! I so feel like Racheal Ray saying that EVOO! LOL
Dont worry I am not going to say "Yumo" or anything LOL)

What you will need:

  • 6 to 8 chicken breast halves, boneless, no skin
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika, or to taste
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 6 to 8 thin slices of lemon
  • 3 tablespoons capers (optional)

I used the chicken broth only because I thought it would make it more flavorful then water would be.

What do do:

  • Cut chicken breats into halves (long ways to make thin) then put chicken breasts between 2 sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap; pound to flatten to about 1/4-inch.
  • In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika; dredge chicken breasts to coat well.
  • Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté chicken breasts, about 3 minutes on each side.
  • Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of fat. Stir in chicken broth, scraping to loosen browned bits. Add lemon juice and heat through. Return chicken to the skillet with the lemon slices; heat until sauce thickens. Add capers, if using.

  • You should serve with your favorite pasta, I used thin Spaghetti.
Try that! It is super easy, fast for people who dont have a lot of time to slave in the kitchen, cheap and EASY!

No comments: