Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dinner Menu

I am trying to brain storm on what's for dinner for a week at a time instead of picking something at last minute and not having time to actually cook, and just settling for something you just pop in the microwave for 3 minutes and let cook for 2. I know of people who do this dinner menu thing, and stick to it, and I would imagine it would save money? Using what you have and planning ahead instead of wanting to make something and then having to run out and buy EVERYTHING all at one time.
Tonight I admit I was in a hurry - had nothing and no time to cook a proper dinner. So Michael picked chicken pot pie (2nd night in a row, which lead me to the knowledge that my son LOVES chicken pot pie...) so I think that sometime this weekend, my dinner task to conquer will be none other then the 'chicken pot pie' or at least SOME sort of form of one :)
So look for a future blog post of my try at the chicken pot pie!
Tomorrow it was decided something easy and something we can have left overs with for Friday - because this momma is not going to grocery shop until Saturday. Hey when you are a full time working mom, have to come home clean, assist with homework and fix dinner, all within 3 hours before having to go to sleep for the night to wake up and do it all over again, well you really dont have time during the week much less do you WANT to actually go to the grocery store.
I will brain storm on my menu some more, but as of right now I think it will start on Saturday and it will start with a chicken pot pie, and I may also do a small vegetarian one since Mike eats no meat at all, and we dont want him to be jealous of us enjoying yumminess while he heats up a frozen Morning Star burger...hehehe...or maybe we do....just kidding!
~*~Casey~*~

No comments: